Websites for biomedical approach to Autism and Spectrum Disorders
Information about the biomedical approach to
Sites to purchase Gluten Free / Casein Free
Recipes and suggestions for Gluten Free /
Casein Free Diet
Specific Carbohydrate Diet recipes and advice
Where to purchase SCD food, mixes, yogurt makers, etc
- BrainChild Nutritionals: Manufacturer of multivitamins for children on the spectrum.
- Kirkman Labs:
A manufacturer of vitamins and dietary supplements specially formulated for
children on the spectrum.
- www.klaire.com: Klaire Labs. Manufacturer of several
high potency probiotics and other supplements.
- www.culturelle.com: High potency probiotic
- www.emersonecologics.com: Emerson Ecologics offers high quality nutritional supplements. Will extend a 10% discount to Holistic Family Heathcare patients.
- Great Plains Laboratory: Offers testing for Organic Acids, Food Allergies or Intolerances, Essential
Fatty acids, and heavy metals.
- Genova Diagnostics: Offers testing for stool,
hormone levels, food allergies and heavy metals
- Hopewell Pharmacy and
Compounding Center: Hopewell can make special formulations and customized medication for patients
with special needs or allergies. Specializing in therapies for Autism and ASD
including, methylcobalamin (B-12) compounded nystatin, custom vitamin and amino
acid blends, and dye free compounded medications and antibiotics.
- Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs
Search the Medmaps Clinician Directory
The first of its kind, the Fellowship Program at Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs (MAPS) is a systematic pediatric CME program designed to prepare medical professionals to deliver the best possible care to children with special needs. Under the guidance of Daniel Rossignol MD FAAFP, this scientific evidence-based course of study has been uniquely designed by clinicians, for clinicians.
- ZRT Laboratory: ZRT Laboratory offers salivary hormone testing which gives a very accurate picture of hormone balance in the body.
Information on Gluten
Recommended Reading list for the biomedical approach to autism spectrum disorders
Breaking the Vicious Cycle, By Elaine Gottschall
Lucy’s Specific Carbohydrate Diet Cookbook, by Lucy Rosset,
Biological Treatments for Autism and PDD by William Shaw, Ph.D.,
Is This Your Child? Discovering and Treating Unrecognized Allergies in Children and Adults. By Doris Rapp, M.D. ,
Unraveling the Mystery of Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorder :
A Mother’s Story of Research and Recovery, By Karyn Seroussi
Children with Starving Brains:
A Medical Treatment Guide for Autism Spectrum Disorder,
By Jaquelyn McCandless, MD
The Natural Medicine Guide to Autism,
By Stephanie Marohn
Enzymes for Autism and other Neurological Conditions:
The Practical Guide for Digestive Enzymes and Better Behavior,
By Karen DeFelice
Special Diets for Special Kids,
By Lisa Lewis Ph. D.
Speical Diets for Special Kids TWO,
By Lisa Lewis Ph.D.
Biological Treatments for Autism and PDD,
By William Shaw Ph.D.
Treating Autism Parent Stories of Hope and Success, Edited by Stephen M. Edelson, Ph.D. and Bernard Rimland, Ph.D.
postal code: 07840 access code: health